Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Easy cheese cake dessert

This dessert is so tasty and it is perfect for a summer bbq.  I made this for my dad hence the huge 'D' made out of black berries.  The recipe comes from my mothers archive, passed to her from an old friend.

Raspberry cream cheese dessert
1 1/2 cup crushed grahm cracker (approx 8-10 full crackers)
1/2 cup melted butter
8 oz cream cheese
1 can of sweet and condensed milk (14 oz)
1/3 cup lemon juice
1 package Dream Whip (you will need cold milk and vanilla to prepare this)
Package of Danish dessert (strawberry)
Package of frozen raspberries (12 oz)

First, mix your Grahm crumbs with butter.  Pour all of it in a 9x13 pan and press down making an even layer.  I didn't have a 9x13 pan so I used a slightly smaller one.  Because my pan was smaller I had extra crumbs to press up against the side making a yummy grahm shell.
Next using an electrical mixer, beat together the cream cheese, sweet and condensed milk, and lemon juice.  In a smaller bowl prepare one package of Dream Whip according to the directions on the back.  I found that Dream Whip is more structurally sound than regular whipped cream so I don't suggest substituting the Dream Whip with the real thing, it might mess with the structure of your dessert.  Gently fold the Dream Whip into your cream cheese mixture and pour over your Grahm crumbs.  Even out the top and allow it to sit on the counter for about one hour.
When the cheese cake has set start making the Danish dessert according to the package.  If you are wondering where to find Dream Whip and Danish dessert you will find both of them in the baking section near the jello and gelatin.  When the Danish dessert is done cooking add in all of the frozen raspberries and gently fold them in.
Spread the Danish dessert over your cheese cake.  I also decided to decorate my cake with blackberries but this is completely optional.  Place the cheese cake in the refrigerator and allow it to cool.  I made mine the night before so it could sit in the refrigerator all night but if you don't have that much time a couple of hours should be fine.  I found with cheesecake, a whole night in the refrigerator is always the best route to go.





No comments:

Post a Comment